Hey Hon Welcome to my Blog!

I'm Amber Elizabeth, this is my blog about my art, and the things that happen to make my art.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

knowledge is the key...


Hey Hon!
So I have been taking some time out to study up on Baltimore pop culture and ask some friends and family for any cool retro pics they may have from around the city for this project i am working on. FACT: The BOB-A-LOOP was a toy that was apparently produced right here in Baltimore! bet you didnt know... now you do! and in case you didnt know what this is look to the left... a Bob-a-loop. is the WAY more dangerous version of Ball in a cup. Because you see that barrel on the top solid wood... and when your flinging that thing around trying to catch it on the stick ... well lets just say i found one of these as a kid in my grandmothers house and smacked my self in the face a time or two. Any way back to the point at hand here i have been doing mucho research and have finally started some collages/ sketches here is the first of many see what you think! Oh and by the way Sorry about the giant logo on the pic but i dont want my image walking off with out me somewhere.

Just to let everyone know i am now a college graduate as of last Saturday! and thanks to my BFF Nikki for the shout out on her blog so i will do the same for her. Check out her AWESOME work at her blog...
http://nicoleschofield.blogspot.com/
and her website
http://www.nicoleschofieldillustration.com/

Already miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment